Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Guy Figures Out The Way To Drink Beer and Not Get Drunk. Absolutely No One's Objective

Esquire- "You wanna know my secret? How I can drink beer all night long and never get drunk?" 
In fact, I had always wondered that. Though this was the first time I’d ever formally met Koch, I’d “met” him in the past at a few beer festivals. Those sorts of events are always kind of Bacchanalian shit shows, with people imbibing dozens of beer samples in a short period and soon stumbling around large convention halls drunk of their asses. Brewers included. But not Koch, who I’d long noticed was always lucid, always able to hold court, and hold his own with those much younger than him. This billionaire brewing raconteur was doing likewise with me at 4 PM on a Thursday afternoon despite the fact we were both now several beers deep. So what was the secret?
“Yeast!”
“Yeast?”
“Active yeast. Like you get at the grocery store.”
Koch told me that for years he has swallowed your standard Fleischmann’s dry yeast before he drinks, stirring the white powdery substance in with some yogurt to make it more palatable.
“One teaspoon per beer, right before you start drinking.”
So apparently Jim Koch is some big wig at Samuel Adams, I've never heard of him and don't really care about him. What I do care about is that he figured out something that no one wanted to know. C'mon son, don't be a wet blanket and ruin it for all of us. If you don't want to get drunk, don't drink enough to get you drunk. Duh. I feel like that wasn't hard to figure out. Maybe I'm just sick at science (probably). Who would even want to eat yeast anyways? I feel like that's probably super gross and might make you sick? Maybe I don't know that much about science...

No comments:

Post a Comment