Monday, June 9, 2014

More Nadal vs. Djokovic Please



A tad late, but the French Open final was another great match between the two best players in the game. Since I mostly blog about sports, I figured I should try to blog about more than just a couple sports. Rafael Nadal vs. Novak Djokovic absolutely needs to be the final in every Grand Slam tennis event. I usually like watching the Grand Slam tournaments and there's nothing better than these two going head to head. Let's face it, Federer's glory days are over and he was kinda annoying anyway. Nadal and the Djoker are clearly the top two tennis players in the world and it's pretty fun to watch them play against each other.

You know how in team sports it sucks when the same teams are in the championship or finals every year? (unless it's the Yanks, Packers or Pens -- the NBA sucks but maybe if Denver ever made it anywhere I'd change my mind). Well, in individual sports, especially tennis, it's pretty cool when a few players are absolutely dominant throughout tournaments and then face each other in the championship. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Nadal has won 5 straight French Opens and has 9 overall. That's pretty frickin cool if you ask me. And Djokovic has made just about every final or semifinal in a Grand Slam over the last like 5 years so he's been pretty damn good too.

I personally have a huge man crush on Djokovic (no homo ladies) for really no reason at all other than I think he's fucking awesome and that he thinks he's fucking awesome and I respect that. He's the man. I hope he wins Wimbledon. Fuck Andy Murray.

P.S. Is this the first blog ever written about Tennis?

P.S.S. It's okay to root for non-Americans in Tennis, right? It's not like it's the Olympics. I root for Sharapova (she's hot) and the Djoker every tournament and neither are American. American men suck at Tennis anyway and no one likes Serena.

No comments:

Post a Comment