Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Top 10 Concerts of the Summer

I'm a little bias to country music in this Top 10, but as you will see the top two are pop titans. Bring on the summer concerts.

10. KISS and Def Leppard



Are you kidding? Who wouldn't want to see these two classic hard rock bands on stage together? I love Def Leppard maybe more than any other 19 year old in the country and Kiss is pretty good too. Who doesn't want to see "Rock and Roll All Night" live? People go nuts for that shit even if these guys can't sing anymore. Def Leppard has a good number of absolute classics, and then sooo many underrated/unknown songs.

9. Dierks Bentley



Dierks just came out with a killer album Riser and the tour to go with it should be pretty sweet. There's already no reason to be sober at a concert (especially a country concert) but when "Drunk On A Plane" is one of your hits, there shouldn't be a sober soul in the crowd when it comes on.

8. Zac Brown Band



I've never seen ZBB live but I hear that they're freaking awesome. I'm not even a huge fan of them but I can definitely see them killing it live. Just hearing a crowd's reaction to "Chicken Fried" starting might make me pretend it's 2005 and it hasn't been overplayed 8 billion times and sing along.

7. Luke Bryan



Luke Bryan is one of my favorites and I have seen him live before. It was definitely one of the best times I've had at college. Getting drunk with a bunch of your buddies and crushing every song he plays is obviously gonna be a great time. Couple that with the amount of tail in the crowds and Luke Bryan concerts are a winner.

6. Linkin Park/30 Seconds To Mars/AFI



First of all, I don't know shit about AFI except for that Miss Murder song. Secondly, look at Chester absolutely crushing it in this picture. Dude's got some vocal chords. Thirdly, Jared Leto coming off of an Oscar win means 30 Seconds To Mars is gonna kill it. And can I just say that Linkin Park is fucking awesome and has been since "In The End" or whatever their first hit was. What an amazing band. I would be going mainly for them and it would be cool to see a couple of 30 Seconds To Mars hits like "The Kill" and "Kings and Queens". Fuck AFI.

5. Jake Owen



Jake Owen is becoming a superstar in country music, and for good reason. The dude put out back to back awesome albums with Barefoot Blue Jean Night and Days of Gold. There's not too many songs on those two albums that I don't like. I gotta give a little shoutout to my Clemson Club Baseball guys here. "Beachin" was our favorite song to cruise to on road trips. Nothing better than putting on that song 8 times on your way to Myrtle Beach.

4. Dave Matthews Band



DMB was the first music that I loved. I remember crushing "Ants Marching" and "So Much To Say" in the back seat of the car when I was like 5. I've always wanted to see them live but I never have. It's honestly amazing music and fuck anyone who doesn't like DMB. And unlike the majority of performers these days, Dave is probably 5 times better sounding live than the studio version. Doesn't mean I don't have like 10 studio albums by DMB though. Just saying the Central Park concert DVD I have is better.

3. Jason Aldean with Florida Georgia Line



Sorry for the picture choice other dude from FGL, but you don't sing that much anyway bro. I saw Jason Aldean last summer and it was a blast. He's a personal favorite but the fact that FGL will be with him is why I've got this tour so high on the list. The FGL guys can put on a show that's for sure, and almost every song is sick. Aldean is a superstar. FGL is a superstar duo. Great recipe for one helluva show.

2. One Direction



That's right. 1D. Forget that it's annoying hearing chicks talk about them. Forget that they're British and wear stupid hipster European clothes. Let's just look at the positives. Every song they've ever written, recorded or performed has been absolute dynamite. The guys can make music people. The amount of chicks at these shows is off the charts. So there's a few 13 year old girls at the same concert you're attending but put that aside and go hit on some age appropriate tail, or better yet a clueless mother who brought said 13 year old girl to the show. And if you don't know any of their songs, don't worry. You'll be singing along by the second chorus they're so damn catchy.

1. Katy Perry



Is one of the reasons she topped this list is that she topped my other top 10? Yes. But the main reason is that this girl can flat out sing, she makes incredible music and looks like she puts on a very entertaining show. I don't know if she's any good live, but if the VMA performance of "Roar" and the AMA performance of "Unconditionally" were any hints I would say that yes she is good live because those were both fucking sweet. I'm absolutely going to see her this summer. I have to. I've been too much of a supporter of her for too long not to go. It's my duty as a fan.


2 comments: