Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Kaner Demolishes Everyone In Beer League Game

source- We put up a post this afternoon about NHL players going home (like LeBron) to the team closest to their home town. Well Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks kinda did that. On Monday night he joined the Piranhas at a local rink in Buffalo where they proceeded to beat down the Essex St. Pub team 13-5.

This is awesome. I absolutely love Kane showing up to this game, probably shotgunned a beer or 15 before the game and just went out there and dangled EVERYONE. 
 The defender is just absolutely LOST here. I love everyone in the background just in awe. Nobody is back checking (who does in Beer League anyways?) and his teammate is just here for the show, not driving to the net or anything, just hanging out. Then you've got his other teammate out at the red line, he knows there's absolutely no need for him to go into the offensive zone, Kane is there. Save the energy, I respect it. 
How about this stat sheet? 10pts??? hahaha. Sucks to be the Essex team. I love how Kane evened out the stats to, equal amount of ginos and apples. Also how about Vinny Scarsella? He played 4 years of college puck and is now in the minors. Him against the beer leaguers was probably a pretty big skill differential and then Kane shows up and shows him up too. I played summer league last year with a guy who plays in the AHL and it was insane. I can't imagine having Kane playing against me as well as a guy that plays semi-pro. Do you think Essex even cared or were they just pumped to play against Kane?

P.S.- Anyone that says Kane shouldn't have gone out and skated and risked getting hurt is a huge idiot. There's not even checking in beer league and if there was, nobody would touch him. He was just going out there and doing what we loves. I respect it and if I was a pro athlete I'd do it all the time. Just go out there and have a blast. I'd also tell all my buddies to find a bookie and make some bets on the game so they could win big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment