Friday, August 1, 2014

Dustin Johnson Taking A Break From Golf

source- Golf lost one of its biggest stars for an indefinite period of time Thursday when Dustin Johnson announced — in a vague prepared statement — that he’s stepping away from the game to tend to personal issues, The Post reports. “I am taking a leave of absence from professional golf, effective immediately,” Johnson said, three days after withdrawing from this week’s WGC-Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, Ohio for what he described as “personal reasons.’’ “I will use this time to seek professional help for personal challenges I have faced,’’ Johnson continued in the statement. “By committing the time and resources necessary to improve my mental health, physical well-being and emotional foundation, I am confident that I will be better equipped to fulfill my potential and become a consistent champion.

That sucks but I guess it doesn't really come as a surprise. The guy loves to rail lines and crush booze, I don't think those things are taken too kindly in the PGA. I think "personal reasons" basically means to hang out with Paulina. You can't be mad at the guy, you'd want to quit your job too if your wife looked like this. 
Anyways, I hope DJ comes back soon. He's one of my favorite golfers and it'd suck to have him be gone for an extended period of time, although that looks like what's gonna happen. I feel like Wayne might have told to him to get his shit together or else there's no more Paulina. Why else would he release such a mysterious statement and have it be "effective immediately" It's really weird he did it so close to the Ryder Cup. It's interesting to see what Rickie Fowler and Tiger Woods had to say about DJ leaving. 

"He’s someone that guys don't look past as far as one of the best players out here. So definitely a loss to the team, but just hope for the best for him.  It won't be the last Ryder Cup for him."- Rickie Fowler

"His power, you always want guys with that kind of power to play on any team"- Tiger Woods

"I mean, it stinks… I want him on the team… He's fun in the locker room. It just really stinks."- Zach Johnson
Yeah, no shit Zach. Everyone loves that guy in the locker room who's giving everyone a lip out of their tin and buying beers after every round, be more obvious bro.

I hope for the best for Dustin and hope to see him out on the course packing hammers soon.

UPDATE:
So it just came out that Dustin Johnson has been suspended for 6 months after being drug tested and testing positive for coke. It's his 3rd offense. Whatevs. Ayo 4 Yayo. I think once the suspension is up he has to comeback for the first tournament and just show up blacked out. Let the PGA know who's fuckin' boss. You think John Daly gave a shit about what the PGA thought of him? nope.

How about Robert Lusetich just dragging DJ through the mud. Seems like kind of a dick move. Also- this is just speculation but I don't think DJ cheated on Paulina,  what do I know though. Anyways, real asshole move by Bobby. Some of Wayne's goons from back in the day are about to rough Bobby up.

No comments:

Post a Comment