Sunday, August 24, 2014

Miami Hurricanes 2014 Season Preview

I'm expecting big things from Miami this season. Al Golden has been working extremely hard to get the team back to what they used to be. The Miami Hurricanes that everyone feared. I can't wait for them to get back to that and I think this season could be a good starting point. 

Season Opener: Sept 1st vs Louisville 
Important Games: Louisville, Nebraska, Virgina Tech, Florida State

Key Returners:
Duke Johnson/ RB/ SR
If you know anything about college football, you know how sick Duke Johnson is. Everyone is ready for him to have a huge season after his season getting cut short last year. He is a definite Heisman candidate.

Stacy Coley/ WR/ SO
Coley is coming off of an awesome freshman year. He played in all 13 games and made 7 starts. He lead the team in receiving touch downs with seven, ranked second in receiving yards (591) and third in receptions (33) He also led team in both kick return yards (570) and punt return yards (220). I can't wait to see what he does for his sophomore year, I'm expecting big things. 

Clive Walford/ TE/ SR
Clive played in all 13 games, started in 12 of them. He finished the year with 454 receiving yards and and 2 TD's on 34 catches. He's a good team leader and should be a stud this year.

Denzel Perryman/ LB/ SR
Just thinking about Perryman gets me absolutely FIRED up. I wrote a blog about him the other day. He's so ready for the season to start that he's been knocking his teammates' heads off and I love it. There's been a lot of hype saying he's a lot like Clowney and I don't doubt that for a second. He lead the team with 108 tackles last season. 

Anthony Chickillo/ DL/ SR 
Chickillo started all 13 games last season and and recorded 46 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 7 QB hurries.

Schedule: 
The Canes have some tough match ups this season but I think they should be ready for it. They need to come right out at Lousiville and get revenge for their embarrassing bowl loss last year. Beating Nebraska and FSU would also be huge wins. I can't wait to see them play FSU, always one of my favorite games of the year. I think the canes can end up with a 10-3 record this season and they should definitely make the play offs.

Who's Playing QB?
It was just announced that true freshman Brad Kaaya will be the starting QB for the Canes when they face Louisville in their season opener. I'm pumped to see Kaaya play, he should be an absolute stud and I'me excited to see him grow into his own in the coming years. 
"As I told him, he's our quarterback,He's not a freshman quarterback. He's the University of Miami quarterback."- Al Golden

"There's a standard of excellence at the University of Miami, and you're held to that standard, which we've all accepted by going to the University of Miami. The one thing I think that's different about this team is that they believe in who they are, so they certainly respect the past, but they want to represent who they are and their identity as a football team. There's been nothing about the 2014 team that even resembles the 2013 team. They wanted to be their own team, have their own leadership and really move forward. So I'm excited about these guys saying, 'OK, let's go out and make our own identity’ as opposed to relying on something that happened quite a while ago." - Al Golden


No comments:

Post a Comment