Friday, September 19, 2014

NHL Rookies to Keep An Eye On For 2014-15

The hockey season is quickly approaching us (19 days to be exact) so lets take a look at some of the rookies that are going to be gracing us this season. If I could just take a nap and wake up again in 19 days, I wouldn't be mad. Keep in mind that list is just who I personally think will have a good season and could have a major impact.

Johnny Gaudreau
Johnny Hockey is one of my favorite hockey players. I've liked BC hockey since I was a young pup so as soon as JG joined the team i was a major fan. Guy is small but an INCREDIBLE hockey player. He'll be a rookie on Calgary with his liney from college Bill Arnold so I think Gaudreau could have a great year. He's small in a league full of big dudes but I think he will be able to produce and would love to see him win Rookie of the Year.

Jonathan Drouin
I personally thought that Drouin should have been on Tampa last year, but that doesn't matter now. Everyone should keep an eye out this year, I think he can put up numbers like Mackinnon last year. From the looks of it, he could end up on a line with Stamkos. Dear lord would that be an absolutely deadly duo. I can't even think about it. 

Griffin Reinhart
Reinhart could be the spark that the Islanders need. The guy is a stud on the blue line and I can't wait to see him in some NHL action. He had good experience winning the Memorial Cup and logged some heavy minutes. That's never a bad thing. 

John Gibson
Gibson played in 3 regular season games and 4 play off games. While the Ducks did not finish the season how they hoped and many thought they might, it wasn't Gibson's fault that they got beat. There were moments when Gibson looked like a veteran 6th man. I can't wait to see what he does in the future. 

Aaron Ekblad
I think that with a strong training camp Ekblad will be able to make the Florida Panther's roster. He's a great defenseman and should have an immediate impact. I wouldn't be surprised to see how  paired with Willie Mitchell or Brian Campbell. Both are experienced veterans that could be great mentors.

Sam Reinhart
This is Griffin's brother, Sam. Talk about hockey families, huh? The Buffalo Sabre's are probably the worst team in the NHL. Just god awful, they have a lot of talent this year though and Reinhart is a part of that. His passing is just absolutely incredible. Another noted aspect of Reinhart's game is his hockey sense which is incredibly valuable. 

Evgeny Kuznetsov
I can't wait to see what Kuznetsov does under Ovechkin. I think Ovi is the best possible mentor this young guy could have. His scoring ability is unreal and he's another guy that can pass the biscuit with the best of em'. I think Kuz will be an NHL legend in a few years and I can't wait to see how it unfolds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment