Tuesday, October 28, 2014

#BEARSELFIES

SourceWe've officially arrived at the point where people need to be told taking 'selfies' with bears is a bad idea. That's according to officials with the U.S. Forest Service in charge of maintaining the popular Taylor Creek Visitor Center in South Lake Tahoe. The creek is the site of a spectacular annual run of kokanee salmon, which also attracts hungry bears. And lately it's also attracting lots of smart phone-wielding photographers desperate for unique social media profile photos."We've had mobs of people that are actually rushing toward the bears trying to get a 'selfie' photo," said Lisa Herron, spokesperson for the Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit. The problem is getting bad enough that officials are threatening to close down the area if that's what it takes to keep careless people away from dangerous wildlife.
When I first saw this headline I had to make sure I wan't reading the onion. I could not believe this was a real story. Are you guys serious? You're taking selfies with bears??? That's ABSURD. Maybe I'd take a selfie with a bear in the zoo or somewhere that it can't attack me but if you think I'm gonna run up to a bear and risk getting attacked by it, you're out of your mind. I always hate when people say "I've lost faith in humanity" because it's just a stupid thing to say and you sound like an idiot, but jesus people, clean it up a bit. You're making us all look dumb because you want some attention on social media. I know everyone is all about how many instagram or Facebook likes they can get but I didn't realize they were going this far. Literally risking getting attacked by HUGE animals just to snap a selfie. If you have ever taken a selfie with a  bear, please delete yourself from my life. On a side note, I think it would be GREAT reality TV if someone had a show of white people trying to take selfies with dangerous animals. If you can complete the list of selfies with dangerous animals without getting killed you win. I'd watch that for sure. 
My face is so ironic and funny! Now I'm getting my face mauled off by a bear.
This chick can get it
 Nerd selfies always crack me up
 What's more dangerous than a selfie with one bear? A selfie with two!
 This girl is mean muggin... right up until that bear eats her face off
 OMG I'm so goofy taking selfies with bears! This is gonna get so many likes!
I don't have anything to say about this guy besides the fact I hate him

No comments:

Post a Comment