Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My Top 10 Christmas Songs


Yesterday I did my Top 10 Christmas movies, so I'm staying in the spirit and doing a top 10 Christmas songs list too. I know I've already made my Christmas Jams playlist but these are my top 10 favorites. 


10. Bruce Springsteen - "Merry Christmas Baby"


Love Springsteen. Not the last time you'll see him on this list.

9. Powder - "Christmas Don't Be Late (The Chipmunk Song)"

Bunch of versions of this song, but to me this is far and away the best one. 

8. Kelly Clarkson - "Underneath the Tree"


This tune has been climbing my Christmas song power rankings ever since I heard it. Seems to just be getting better and better. Love it.

7. Leighton Meester - "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)"


Lot of good versions of this song. Mariah Carey, Leona Lewis, etc. But I honestly think this one takes the cake. Incredible jam from Leighton.

6. Bruce Springsteen - "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town"


Best version of this ever. Except for maybe Jimmy Fallon's with One Direction and the Roots last night. But anyway, if you don't like Bruce you can gtfo.

5. Ariana Grande - "Santa Tell Me"


How cute is Ari? Like I think it's impossible to get cuter than Ariana Grande. What a god damn jam.

4. Taylor Swift - "Christmas Must Be Something More"


Great song. Written by Taylor herself and it frickin heats. Makes you realize what Christmas is all about. Gotta love it.

3. Mariah Carey - "All I Want For Christmas is You"


Was there any doubt this would be on the list? I mean I'm sure a lot of people would have this number 1, but 3 is still solid. Absolute classic tune.

2. Britney Spears - "My Only Wish (This Year)"


What a song. So good. Britney Spears is still one of my favorites, and this Christmas jam is a reason why. If you don't love this song, I don't think you have the ability to love anything.

1. Taylor Swift - "Last Christmas"


Soooo many good versions of this song, but this is the best to me. Gotta love Tay. This is my favorite Christmas song of all time and I love Tay so this is the best. In reality, I'll take any version of Last Christmas over other Christmas songs. The original by Wham! is amazing. Ari has a great version. Fuck, even Ashley Tisdale's version is fire. But Taylor's is the GOAT. 


BOOM. There's my top 10. Check out the ones I left out on the Christmas Jams playlist that I've previously posted. There's also a link to it above.

No comments:

Post a Comment