Thursday, January 22, 2015

Carmelo Anthony Showing A Little Integrity

Source- PHILADELPHIA -- Some New York Knicks fans want to see the team tank the season to land a top pick in the NBA draft. But to star forward Carmelo Anthony, that is a "bad mentality to have." "I don't know how to have that mindset," Anthony said Wednesday night after the Knicks beat the Philadelphia 76ers 98-91 to improve to 7-36. "Having that mindset as a basketball player, as a competitor, it's just hard to do unless you don't care about the game, what happens and your performance. To say that we're going to go out there and we want to lose a basketball game, I think that's a bad mentality to have."

I don't blog about basketball much, or ever, because I think the NBA sucks and I have absolutely no interest in it. But I do follow sports, so I know that the Knicks are absolutely TERRIBLE. Dumpster Fire city. I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw this article. There's always so much talk about tanking in the NBA to get a better draft pick. It's really the only sport that people talk about it frequently. People throw it around in the NHL once and a while since two of the supposedly best players to enter the draft in years are coming up this year, but everyone knows that you don't tank in the NHL, it just doesn't happen. I'm not too sure what goes on in the NBA, everything seems to be a little hairy if you ask me. If I was a Knicks fan I would be pumped that the leader of my team was coming out and saying this. When a leader like Anthony comes out and talks publicly about this stuff, it can work its way down food chain and soon all the guys will have this mindset. That's the stuff you want from your leader. Maybe this will help the Knicks out a little. At least they have the right mentality, they aren't admitting defeat just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment