Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A-Rod Writes a Letter to Yankees Fans





LOVE the hand written letter. Absolutely love it. Oh is that a card from your grandma who still uses cursive? Nope, just a letter from A-Rod to his fans (I think I'm the last remaining fan so I accept it personally). Listen, there may not be a bigger scumbag in the history of baseball than Alex Rodriguez. A lot of people would say it's a landslide that he's the worst, but I think the fuckers that got away with this shit are still worse. Rafael Palmeiro makes a statement in Congress and says "period" at the end of it and everyone's just like "alright, guess he didn't take steroids" and forgets about it. Barry Bonds is one of the worst humans on the planet. Just gets away with roiding it up as if a 45 size increase in hat size and a squeaky voice from the lack of testicles after taking so many steroids wasn't enough evidence. I can live with the guys who admitted they did steroids just cause everyone else was doing it/they were recovering from an injury, and then went on with their careers (i.e. Giambi, Sheffield, Pettitte, etc). All these other guys suck. 

Anyway, back to A-Rod. The guy just had the worst year of his life probably, but he didn't act like it at all. Dude was down in Miami at the U doing ice bucket challenges in their dugout, all over the place for college football games, college baseball games at Stanford and Miami, Cowboys games in the fall. Unreal schedule the guy had in 2014. That being said, the only thing he knows how to do is baseball. With or without roids, the guy's life is baseball. And he's been pretty damn good at it. Sure, not lately, but that doesn't change the fact that he has the desire to still play. This apology letter was the next step in terms of getting back on the field and trying to get the fans on his side when it comes time to play again. And I guess the reason why I remain a fan of A-Rod's is because of how god damn goofy he is. Literally everything the man does is hilarious and it's completely unintentional. I mean he took a piss on his cousin's house to signify that he owned him, he's the only guy I know to care more about the helmet that was tossed on a walk off home run than the guy that hit it, and he makes some of the goofiest faces I've ever seen. Gotta love it. Back to the letter, it was actually a pretty sick letter. "I appreciate the Yankees offering Yankee Stadium for me to make this apology, but the next time I'm in Yankee Stadium I should be in pinstripes doing my job." Best line maybe ever. Got the chills. A-Rod's back. Here's to one helluva comeback!




P.S. I LOVE Red Sox fans (and others) shitting on A-Rod. Oh you mean, Manny and Ortiz had nothing to do with your last three World Series titles? Pound sand, Boston. And yes, David Ortiz took steroids. Pretty fuckin obvious.





P.P.S. Here's another guy I know who wrote a pretty god damn good hand written letter.



No comments:

Post a Comment