Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Katy Perry Throwing Some Shade at T-Swift and Britney Spears


SourceDid Katy Perry just throw some serious shade at Taylor Swift again?! And did the Super Bowl halftime performer just diss the Princess of Pop, Miss Britney Spears?! 

Well, we'll let you be the judge of that after reading her latest interview with Elle magazine

The "Dark Horse" singer admitted to the fashion mag that she feels an enormous amount of pressure to stay on top of her game, saying, "It is a hundred times harder a dream than the dream that I dreamt when I was nine."  

"You think you signed up for one thing, but you automatically sign up for a hundred others. And that is why you see people shaving their f--cking heads." (But remember, if Brit-Brit could get through 2007, you can get through just about anything.) 

Perry then went on to criticize how the public tends to peg celebs into categories, often times based on purely speculation. 

"You've got to name someone the villain, someone the princess, someone's the mom [and] the dad type—you know there always have to be characters. As pop figures, we're all characters. And the media uses that." 

She continued, "Who is the sweetheart, who is the villain? You know. Taylor's the sweetheart.Kanye [West]'s the villain. That's the narrative."  

Her candid chat about fellow singers didn't end there either… 

This time, Perry gushed about Adele and recalled a particularly down to Earth run-in with the notoriously private Grammy winner. 

"Adele is so real and couldn't care less about the trappings of fame. She came to a show at the Hammersmith Apollo in England and stole my after-show burrito. She's like, 'How the f--k did you get a burrito in England?'" 

Oh, to be a fly on the wall in that dressing room… 



Okay, so I know I've been blogging about Katy Perry a lot lately but how could I not when she brought the house down at the Super Bowl. And I know I blog about my girl T Swift a lot too. Hell, I even had to blog about Britney Spears on Monday. But it's not my fault they're in the news. This story involves three of the best female artists ever so it's gotta be blogged. So anyway, there's a little bit of supposed beef between Katy Perry and Taylor Swift already over some tour dancers and shit, and I guess that's what Tay's song "Bad Blood" is about. But now KP is throwing some shade again at Tay in this Elle Magazine interview. I feel like I'd have to hear how she said it in the interview. I'm sure she threw in some attitude with that statement because of their current beef with each other. But I don't get what she's complaining about. In that example she's talking about, Taylor Swift is absolutely 1000% the sweetheart. That's not some made up media narrative. 18 year old girl accepting a VMA Award on stage and rapper comes up and says she doesn't deserve it. How is T Swift not the sweetheart in that situation? How is Kanye not the villain? So I don't get why Katy Perry used that as an example because that narrative actually makes sense. 

And as far as the line about Britney Spears goes, first of all it's absolutely about Britney because no one else worth a shit in the music industry shaved their head. And secondly, I just laughed at that quote. I mean I don't know why Katy Perry is complaining about it but to say "we got people shaving their fucking heads" is kinda funny. But hey, as the article says, at least Britney Spears came back from that debacle.  

I love Katy Perry as you all know, but I don't know why she's gotta go running down all these fellow pop stars. And if you're gonna shit on someone in the music industry, shit on Lady Gaga. All she did was make one good album, dress up as steak and eggs to keep herself in the news and now is nowhere to be found. At least make fun of her problems because no one likes her. Bottomline is I just don't get why Katy Perry is complaining about these things. Like David Bowie was a weird dude. Michael Jackson was an odd motherfucker. Did you not see these kinda things coming when you were seeking a career in music? Oh well, more fuel for T Swift's fire. And poor Britney just getting reminded of that horrible time in her career. I hope they all fight. I'd put my money on Brit cause no one goes through the kinda shit she went through without coming out of it with the ability to fuck up every other bitch out there.  




P.S. Last night and this morning, I listened to all 8 of Britney Spears' studio albums in a row and it was pretty awesome. I saw how hot she was in that commercial and was having flashbacks so I just decided to throw on her music, and then just didn't stop. I could listen to Baby One More Time and Oops...I Did it Again on repeat for the rest of time. The full albums that is. Need some new Britney soon though. 



P.P.S. Quick MFK since we got a convenient trio right here. Marry: Taylor Swift. Too much of a good girl not to marry. Fuck: Katy Perry. How could you not? Kill: Sorry Britney. 
Had to put one of her in her prime cause I felt bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment