Monday, June 15, 2015

Yankees Minor League Team Having a "Meet George R.R. Martin Night" with Game of Thrones Jerseys


SourceWhile the world freaks out over the bloody finale of "Game of Thrones" ... again ... we can at least take solace in some happier GoT-related news: On Aug. 8, the Staten Island Yankees will celebrate a great Martin-inspired work: 1980's "Nightflyers" about a group of scientists in search of an alien being.  
No, I'm obviously talking about "Game of Thrones."  
That night, the Staten Island Yankees will be known as the Direwolves and will be donning jerseys ringed in what appears to be animal fur. Meanwhile, their opponents for that night, the Hudson Valley Renegades, will be clad in gold and red as they will be called the Lannisters.


I love when minor league teams do this. I don't even care if the jerseys look good or not, it's just a cool way of getting their names out there and getting a few more fans to the ballpark that night. I mean, I've never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones but I know people love it so I think it's a good idea by the Staten Island Yanks. I have no clue what the show is about, I have no clue what the fuck a Direwolf or Lannister is, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a Staten Island Direwolves jersey or hat. The hats have got to be fire. Minor league team hats are always fire even when they aren't using Game of Thrones jerseys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment