Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Villanova National Champions

So incase you live under a rock, you probably know this but VILLANOVA WON THE GOD DAMN NATTY SHIP LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely huge moment. The school's first championship since their historical 1985 season. They had an incredible group of Seniors and the best coach in the NCAA manning the helm. If you ever read any of the few posts on this site, you know I'm a huge Nova basketball guy, they're really the only basketball team I watch other than URI (and URI is never going to win a natty ship) so this one was absolutely awesome for me. Going into the game I have to admit I was a little scared but after seeing them absolutely dismantle Buddy Hield and Oklahoma I was pretty confident the boys could pull it off. People were trying to say that Nova was just on a hot streak but you don't just accidentally beat Oklahoma by 44pts in the Final Four. Throughout the game I thought that Nova played strong besides a little bit in the end of the 1st half and the beginning of the 2nd. For the most part they played a solid game and were playing good loose ball defense. Of course Archie was his usual absolute stud. Jenkins and Hart also played sick games. All around good team effort from the Cats.  I don't think anyone thought that Nova had a legit shot of cutting the nets, all I heard was choke choke choke but I seem to remember saying this was the year that people would finally shut up about nova choking (even made a reference to clemsoning and how they ended that this season and just got laughed at- sup @Mark) but look where we are now. All my predictions were right . Hi h8rz. Real proud of my dudes on Nova and can't wait to see Jay Wright cut down the nets in Phoenix this time next year.

CHAMPIONS.-Humble & Hungry | #NovaMBB
Posted by Villanova Basketball on Tuesday, April 5, 2016

I don't think its humanly possible to watch this video and not get chills. All the feels.
GOD DAMN ICE IN JAY WRIGHT'S VEINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO YOU STAY SO CALM WHEN YOUR TEAM JUST WON THE NATTY SHIP ON A BUZZER BEATER?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment